Now as most of you know who follow my writings and philosophy, I love coconut oil! Coconut oil is one of those gems in nature that is about as perfect of a food as you can get. What makes coconut oil so good? Here is a short list of the benefits of consuming or using coconut oil topically on a daily basis:
1. The medium chain fatty acids are used as immediate energy and not stored as fat.
2. Coconut oil has incredibly strong antimicrobial properties making a great immune booster.
3. It has been found to stop and even reverse Alzheimer’s.
4. It is a very stable fat, thus having a good shelf life without going rancid.
5. Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair. It helps in healthy growth of hair providing it with a shiny complexion.
6. It acts as an effective moisturizer on all types of skins including dry skin.
I could go on and on, but you get the point!
Now I have tried a wide variety of coconut oils over the years and they do vary in odor and flavor, depending on crop and processing techniques. Where you will see the biggest difference is in price. I have purchased coconut oil over the years ranging from $10 – $25 dollars for a 14oz container. Hmmm, now that is a big price discrepancy. Being the bargain hunter I am, I found the Dr. Bronner’s brand on sale at my local healthy grocery store Jimbo’s. I love Dr. Bronner’s soaps (an article for another time), so I gave it a shot. I really liked the flavor, as it was not overpowering and I have been able to use it from scrambled eggs to cooking vege’s and ground beef.
For those who are interested you can purchase Dr. Bronner’s Coconut Oil at: http://www.drbronner.com
Remember when it comes to oils always purchase virgin, organic and cold pressed.
Check Out My Best Selling Books:
Get Your Free Simple Life Gifts Here: