As we approach two years of living in a Corona Virus world, things just seem…
Are you one of the many people now working from home, and trying to get your new routine figured out? Or maybe you have decided it is time to start your own business and run it from the comfort of your own home or place you live.
At first, this sounds like the “Work Gods” have finally answered your prayers, but working from home is not as easy as it sounds. There are numerous distractions to deal with, and with that newfound freedom comes with a great deal more personal responsibility.
I have worked from home for over fifteen years now. Both, working for someone else and running my own business. I have learned and implemented various strategies to be as highly efficient as I can be, in order to maximize my free time. Today I share these tips and tricks with you, as there have been many lessons learned over the years.
- A little pre-episode discussion about getting pets, and some funny personal stories
- Why working from home is a lot more difficult than it sounds
- Why you should have a separate office
- How to avoid distractions
- The key is to; organize, plan, and execute
- Having the proper office equipment is key
- Figuring out what work schedule works best for you
- The differences between working from home for someone else, and working for yourself
- Why working in your pajamas is not the best decision
- Making sure you only purchase the things you need