Do you think you are losing your mind in our highly divisive society today? Today, Dr. Lawrence Woodburn and I discuss the sociopathic mind.
Are you struggling with losing that tire around your waste? Are struggling with your energy levels on a daily basis? Today I have a special guest, Dr. Cate Shanahan, who is going to help get you on the path to that sleek body, and “get after it” energy levels you have been looking for.
Dr. Cate Shanahan is the leading authority on nutrition and human metabolism. A board-certified Family Physician with over 20 years of clinical experience, and NY Times bestselling author of The FatBurn Fix, Deep Nutrition and Food Rules, her expertise is fixing the underlying problems that cause metabolic damage and inflammation, leading to autoimmunity, weight gain, diabetes, cancer, and accelerated aging processes. Her passion is helping people feel their best.
Metabolic Conditions Dr. Cate Helps to Prevent & Reverse
- Overweight and obesity
- Prediabetes and diabetes
- Autoimmune diseases (inflammatory bowel, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, lupus)
- Cholesterol and blood lipid issues
- Chronic fatigue
- Fatty liver
- Poor circulation
- Macular degeneration
After getting her BS in biology from Rutgers University, she trained in biochemistry and genetics at Cornell University’s graduate school before attending Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. She practiced in Hawaii for ten years where she studied ethnobotany and her healthiest patient’s culinary habits. She applied her learning and experiences in all these scientific fields to write Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food. Together with Dr. Tim DiFrancesco and NBA legend Gary Vitti, she created the PRO Nutrition program for the LA Lakers and helped forge a partnership between Whole Foods Market and numerous NBA teams. In May of 2018 she became the Director of Metabolic Health for ABC Fine Wine and Spirits, a progressive, family-run company interested in saving money by the betterment of health.
Topics Discussed with Dr. Cate Shanahan:
- A bit about Dr. Shanahan
- How Dr. Shanahan became involved in natural medicine
- What is “ethnobotany” and what it means to your health
- Where did the idea for her book The Fatburn Fix come from
- What are the 5 rules to fix your fat burn
- Why processed vegetable oils so dangerous to your health
- How processed vegetable oils could be making you fat
- What is the difference between slow-digesting carbs and starches
- Why most people struggle to burn body fat for energy today, and why it is important to do so to be healthy and lean
- How intermittent fasting turns you into a fat-burning machine
- How to keep and maintain a healthy weight for life
Resources and links:
- Dr. Cate’s website: www.drcate.com
- Belong to The Simple Life Insider’s Circle: https://www.thesimplelifenow.com/betterlife