Are you stress (or freaked out) trying to make sense of the world today? Not sure which way is up? Today, I share a recent story and how I handled it. We'll also dive into the best way forward for all of us
We are in some strange times today. Battling a virus that very few seem to understand, producing vaccines that may or may not work, and just a lot of bad information. So, what is the solution for now and in the future for you to protect yourself against viruses? Because one thing is for sure, this type of health chaos is not going away from what I can see. Today I have a special guest, Dr. Cate Shanahan, who will talk about the five things we can do right now to boost our natural immunity, which is how we have naturally fought off viruses for hundreds-of-thousands of years as humans.
Dr. Cate Shanahan is the leading authority on nutrition and human metabolism. A board-certified Family Physician with over 20 years of clinical experience, and NY Times bestselling author of The FatBurn Fix, Deep Nutrition and Food Rules. Her primary expertise is fixing the underlying problems that cause metabolic damage and inflammation, leading to autoimmunity, weight gain, diabetes, cancer, and accelerated aging processes. Her passion is helping people feel their best.
After getting her BS in biology from Rutgers University, she trained in biochemistry and genetics at Cornell University’s graduate school before attending Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. She practiced in Hawaii for ten years, where she studied ethnobotany and her healthiest patient’s culinary habits. She applied her learning and experiences in all these scientific fields to write Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food. Together with Dr. Tim DiFrancesco and NBA legend Gary Vitti, she created the PRO Nutrition program for the LA Lakers and helped forge a partnership between Whole Foods Market and numerous NBA teams. In May of 2018, she became the Director of Metabolic Health for ABC Fine Wine and Spirits, a progressive, family-run company interested in saving money to better health.
- The sad state of our health in the United States
- The primary thing you can do to protect yourself from Covid-19
- The five things you can do right now to improve your immune system
- Some of the biggest lies you have been told when it comes to your health
- Dr. Cate’s website: www.drcate.com
- Past Episode with Dr. Cate E59: Dr. Shanahan Shares the No Good Evil Culprits Making You Fat
- Belong to The Simple Life Insider’s Circle: http://www.thesimplelifenow.com/betterlife
- CREDIT: Episode art background photo by Lily Banse