Yes, that title is correct! Jack is currently working on taking his first book “The…
Are you looking to simplify your life? With all the chaos today, do you want to learn some tangible skills and get some DIY projects done, but have no idea where to start. I often say most people know what a hammer is, but they have no idea how to use it! Today, I have a special guest on the show: Eric Stromer the co-host of Adam Carolla’s incredibly popular Do-It-Yourself Podcast – Ace on The House. Hey, I was even a guest on the show discussing my off-the-grid and grid-tied house projects.
Chicago native ERIC STROMER is the star of over 300 episodes of such hit shows as HIDEOUS HOUSES (A&E), OVER YOUR HEAD (HGTV) and CLEAN SWEEP (TLC), THREE WISHES (NBC), author of Random House book, Do-It-Yourself Family, and was voted one of People magazine’s “Sexiest Men Alive.”
Eric’s entertaining DIY advice and infectious personality have won the hearts of millions of viewers nationwide. He’s been a spokesman for SEARS/Craftsman Tools and can be heard regularly dishing out home improvement advice to listeners of Adam Carolla’s nationally syndicated radio show. Also, Eric has a full-length country music album in Nashville, called FIX IT MAN, that was performed on AOL SESSIONS. Eric has also been a special correspondent for the syndicated entertainment news magazine, THE INSIDER.
Eric partnered with AOL and GMC to create Home Improvement with Eric Stromer, a series of web videos and interactive features that help viewers conquer their fears and tackle home repair projects themselves.
An accomplished author. His book, Do-It-Yourself Family, is a helpful guide for busy parents, with suggestions for home projects that will not only bring the family together but also buy some quality time for mom and dad. Published by Random House/Bantam Dell, it is available in stores nationwide Eric also penned a monthly column, “Superhandy Dad,” for LA Parent magazine.
Now a producer as well, Eric has several shows currently in development at DISCOVERY and elsewhere.
Eric lives in Los Angeles with his wife and three children.
Topics covered in this episode:
- How to get started on your DIY home projects
- How to not kill or gravely injure yourself when doing DIY projects
- The three things you need to know about DIY projects
- The DIY tools you need to own
- What are the best DIY projects to start with
- What are some great DIY resources
- Why it is so difficult dealing with contractors
- The main things you need to know about when dealing with contractors
- Eric’s Website: https://www.ericstromer.com/
- Ace on The House Podcast: https://www.podcastone.com/ACE-On-The-House
- Ace on The House Podcast episode I was on: https://www.podcastone.com/episode/OTH-Off-the-Grid-with-guest-Gary-Collins
- Make sure to signup and be a member of The Simple Life Insider’s Circle at: https://www.thesimplelifenow.com/the-simple-life/