As we approach two years of living in a Corona Virus world, things just seem…
Are you struggling with addiction, or even a form of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)? Is it wreaking havoc in your life? I know I have, and it is a tough road for many of us. This is not an exclusive club; it hits people of all socio-economic backgrounds, races, young/old, and men and women. Today, I have a very special guest and friend, Steve Gibb. Yes, that name may sound familiar, as he is the son of Barry Gibb… Those BeeGees guys who were a little famous in the 70s and 80s.
Steve struggled mightily with addiction for decades, and finally hit rock bottom and decided it was time to change. So how did he do it? Some fancy-schmancy and exclusive rehab clinic costing thousands a day? Spending a year with a Buddha Monk? Nope, he went all-in on changing his health and making it a priority. He even went so deep he owned a Crossfit for a while.
You have heard me say it time and time again… without your health and focusing on it daily life is going to be a very hard road. That is why it is the first leg in the Three-Legged Stool of The Simple Life.
About the Guest:
Stephen Gibb is a singer/songwriter/producer/actor and currently an active member of The Barry Gibb Band, performing and recording alongside his father on guitar and vocals.
Stephen has been co-writing with his father for over a decade which produced several songs for Barbra Streisand’s “Guilty Pleasures” album in ’05 certified Gold in the U.S.A & Platinum in the U.K. and more recently the title song “Angels” from the film “Shepherds & Butchers” which won “Best Original Song” at the RapidLion Awards, which is South Africa’s international film festival. He has also written songs for Ricky Skaggs and Bonnie Tyler.
The biggest highlight came in October of 2016 when Barry’s first solo record in many years entitled “In The Now” (Sony Records) was released to critical acclaim and Ultimately debuted at #2 in the UK (Gold) and New Zealand (6x Platinum) and #3 in Australia (4xPlatinum). With all songs being co-written by Barry, Stephen, & Ash Gibb for that release.
Stephen as a solo artist, is currently writing & recording new music for his debut record. He has been an active member of several Internationally acclaimed Heavy Metal bands in the last 20 years recording and touring the world. Notably, as a bass player in Zakk Wylde’s Black Label Society and as a Guitarist for 58 (Nikki Sixx’s 1st side project), Crowbar, Kingdom of Sorrow, JASTA, and Saigon Kick.
TV Credits: Later with Jools Holland, The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, The Today Show, CBS This Morning, The One Show (UK), Strictly Come Dancing (UK)
Film : Bad Boys II (2003), Reefa (2020)
How Steve and I met each other
* A bit about Steve and how he ended up on the road of drug and alcohol addiction
* Why Steve and I think many Americans are fighting addictions and not living the life they want
* What was it that made Steve realize he needed to change his life or end up dead
* How Steve found exercise and used his addictive personality to focus on positive instead of negative habits
* How Steve focused on his health to fight addiction and turn his life around
* How you don’t have nothing if you don’t have your health
* How Steve has come to the conclusion him and his family want to live off the grid
* How getting back to nature and meditating can help you get rebalanced in this crazy world
* How being connected and engaged in life is the key to happiness
* How critical thinking is crucial to living a life of freedom
* Why getting back to basics and not overthinking is the way to optimal health
* Steve tells what he thinks is the first step you need to take when fighting addiction
* Steve’s website: https://www.stephengibbmusic.com/
* The Simple Life Website: https://www.thesimplelifenow.com
*Make sure to signup and be a member of The Simple Life Insider’s Circle at: https://www.thesimplelifenow.com/the-simple-life/