Things have been moving fast this year I finished my deck at my off-grid house, and my next book is done – The Simple Life Guide To Financial Freedom, which is getting a lot of positive feedback. and people telling me they are implementing the teachings contained. It is available in digital, print and audio. If you haven’t already signed up for my newsletter (click here) I highly recommend you do as that is where you find out about all my updates.
The Simple Life Blog
Ever wonder what would be the result of dedicating a year to growing your business and freedom? In this episode, Gary discusses what he has learned so far, now three-quarters of the way through his working for one year straight on his entrepreneurial experiment.
There have been a lot of lessons learned along the way some good, some bad. The biggest surprise? There was way more positive that has come out of this experiment, life-changing, that was unexpected.
Entrepreneurial Experiment Topics Discussed:
- What is Gary’s working for a year straight experiment all about?
- Why doing what you love is not necessary work… most of the time
- The importance of you being the brand in today’s crowded entrepreneur world
- Why without his physical and mental health he would not be able to do this experiment
- Why your health is critical in your success as an entrepreneur
- Understanding the importance of life purpose as an entrepreneur
- How this experiment has made him even more efficient and focused
- How minimizing outside distraction is the key
- All the important work accomplishments and some life hurdles accomplished to date
- Understanding in life your work is never done, and how his life purpose and business will remain until he can no longer do it
- And some added Gary soapbox moments along the way
In this episode, I interview Marka Haack. Marka is an experienced natural products broker with a demonstrated history in natural and conventional sales channels. She specializes in product placement, brand management, and marketing. Her education includes – Journalism, Public Relations focused in Marketing from California State University-Long Beach.
Health Food Secrets Discussed:
- A little about Marka
- How we met
- What does a natural foods broker do
- The dirty side of the food business
- Understanding how the food industry really works
- How food products are created and distributed
- How does a food product end up on your grocery store’s shelf
- How to be a better-informed shopper
Why would you mount solar panels flat on the side of your power shed? I get asked this question from time to time when someone unfamiliar with, or just getting started with their solar power project sees a picture of my solar shed (pictured above). I do explain this in my book Going Off The Grid, but with a recent snow storm the above picture will make more sense than just reading about it.
Jim Kukral is recognized as an expert in online marketing and branding. He delivers insightful and entertaining keynotes to growth-oriented organizations on attention-getting marketing, creative branding, and understanding how customers think, react and most importantly, buy.
With a passion for speaking and teaching, Jim travels around the world to teach brands and business owners on how they can apply his UNSKIPPABLE method to their marketing and brand mission to generate positive ROI-based outcomes and purposely attract lifetime customers.
Topics Discussed with Jim Kukral:
- A bit about who Jim is
- His latest book “Unskippable”
- His foray into politics, and what he learned
- Dealing with stress, which eventually leads to a panic attack
- Balancing being an entrepreneur with your family obligations
- Some words of wisdom for those interested in being an entrepreneur and/or author
More About Jim Kukral:
- One of the top experts (24+ years) in creative marketing and Web business building
- A ten-time author of books on marketing, entrepreneurship, motivation, and publishing
- An adjunct professor (10+ years) for The University of San Francisco’s Internet Marketing Online Program
- An award-winning blogger and producer of popular content that has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today, Brandweek, BusinessWeek, Entrepreneur.com, Huffington Post, Forbes, Inc. and more
- A well-accomplished business owner who started and sold two online marketing agencies with hundreds of employees
- A rehabilitated politician who won his first election by a landslide then lost his last election by 35 votes
- A dynamic keynote speaker on creative marketing, that delivers a “gentle kick to the brain” message that leaves guests with pages of notes to take back to the office to implement
- A father of two and happily married (21-years) husband who likes to go fishing in his spare time
Podcast resources and links:
Jim’s website: https://www.jimkukral.com
The Sell More Books Podcast (Jim is the co-host) http://sellmorebooksshow.com
Jim’s New Book “Unskippable”
- All of Jim’s Books on Amazon