Paleo muffins have never turned out for me and usually I have to decline when offered. Theses Caramel Apple Muffins are just setting the standard for a delicious treat. Of course, They are not great for you but we cant be strict Paleo all the time and keeping that gluten out of your diet is still possible while enjoying your cheat treats.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk*
- 2 eggs
- 1 granny smith apple, cubed
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a muffin tin and lightly oil with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Pour in coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, coconut milk, and vanilla.
- Fold in apple and add cinnamon.
- Distribute into muffin tin. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and top with hot caramel sauce.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine coconut milk, honey or maple syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Once it’s boiling, lower the heat to low for 35-40 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla. Cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Then, stir sauce vigorously until smooth and glossy.
- Drizzle on muffins.
Check Out My Best Selling Books:
Get Your Free Simple Life Gifts Here: