It’s important to strive for what is realistic rather than idealistic. In this spirit, The Simple Life Healthy Lifestyle Plan follows five truth-based, real-world principles designed to keep you on track. These form the practical foundation of The Simple Life concept as a whole, not just regarding health:
The Simple Life Sweet Potato Frittata Recipe
- 1 lb. mild Italian pork sausage (casings removed) can also be made with hot sausage
- 8 whisked pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 to 1 cup of chopped spinach/kale
- 1 large sweet potato that has been peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp powdered sage
- 3/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp cooking of your choice – avocado oil is a good choice
1. Heat a large 12 inch oven safe pan, and add cooking fat of your choice.
2. Add your sweet potatoes into the pan and stir until covered in oil. Place lid on your pan and let your sweet potatoes cook for 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally to cook evenly.
3. Add in your sausage and break apart as it cooks.
4. Add in onions, continue cooking until they become translucent and your pork is cooked all the way through.
5. Add in your chopped spinach or kale, and allow it to cook for a few minutes until soft.
6. Sprinkle your seasonings over the mixture, and stir well.
7. Whisk the coconut milk into your eggs, then add them to your pan. Cover with lid and cook for 8-10 minutes.
8. Turn your oven broiler on high.
9. Once your eggs have set, uncover and place pan under your broiler to allow your frittata to cook for another 2-3 minutes, just long enough to brown top.
10. Remove, let cool for a bit and then slice.
Check Out My Best Selling Books:
Get Your Free Simple Life Gifts Here: